þriðjudagur, desember 27, 2005

boom!

I am the only one in my office now, it's dark outside, and yet noisy as all get-out. Rain is beating against the windows in a high-pitched hiss and the booming gusts of wind sound like the inside of a jet engine. We're having one of those classic Icelandic winter storms, the kind that make you want to be well inside, and reading a book or sawing logs. Wind is blowing sustained at around 50 mph and gusting to just over 75 mph at the nearby Garðabær weather station. That kind of wind gust easily rocks a parked car and can make walking temporarily impossible. Building-sized sheets of rain are visible blowing sideways under the streetlamps. When I dropped E off at her building, I drove ole RZ right up onto the sidewalk to get her as close in to the glass doors as possible. It's like a WWF Smackdown out there.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Nafnlaus said...

Since you left, the World Wildlife Federation sued the World Wrestling Federation and won. So now it's WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment) Smackdown. Get it straight!!

-Bib-bauck

29.12.05  
Anonymous Nafnlaus said...

I have a WWF teeshirt, World Wildlife one that is, which I was wearing one day a summer past. A local group of toughs cheered me on while I biked past. 'The old cool dude'

31.12.05  

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home