fimmtudagur, desember 01, 2005

sigur rós

...played a tremendous show here last Sunday, their first on the Land in 3 years. E and I went early and parked in the parking lot for the Daily Driver swimming pool, then walked through the shuttered Reykjavík campground and part of the sculpture park to get to Laugardalshöll, the concert venue. This walk through a pitch-black and frigid Icelandic night seemed the right prelude for such a momentous event.

The concert didn't disappoint, either. It was full of gorgeous scalp-tingling moments, as always, and I found myself smiling uncontrollably a lot. I also found myself air-drumming at points, like a true Rush fan. They had brought along a whole brass ensemble, in addition to the string support of the Amina girls, so the sound was downright orchestral in many places. The musical growth rate of this band cannot be charted.

The best part is, you don't have to take my word for it. The band has posted free videos of the whole 132-minute shebang:

real media high quality
real media low quality
windows crapmedia mediocre quality
windows crapmedia gutter quality

Carry on, Wayward Sons!

0 Comments:

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home