föstudagur, maí 18, 2007

little mondays

The flipside of the "little Fridays" phenomenon is that of little Mondays. Yesterday was the last in this year's crop of obscure midweek Icelandic spring holidays (Uppstingingardagur, or Ascension Day: Áfram Kristur!) so Wednesday was a little Friday par excellence, with its full complement of nighttime mania downtown. And today feels like a little Monday, the beginning of a tiny one-day work week. As the day wears on, however, I have the suspicion it will start to feel more and more like the Friday it actually is.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Nafnlaus said...

Iceland (or at least Rejkjavik): a bunch of alcoholics? One of the main features about stories out of Icelandic life is how much drinking goes on. Is heavy drinking really so central to Icelandic life? I would think that if I had an extended w-e, I would try my darndest to go to Hveravellir or the Sprengisandur, not show off how much overpriced beer I can consume before passing out at 4am.

18.5.07  

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home