The concert gods are smiling down on Iceland. I just received word of, and bought tickets to, a charity concert that's gonna happen here in January. Some featured artists, Power-Point style:
- Múm: I think they play a lot of horns and chimes and things.
- Damien Rice: Some whiny singer guy.
- Sigur Rós: Their name means "Victory Flower", or something. Other than that I don't know much about them.
- Hjálmar: Icelandic reggae, early-70s-style. Surprisingly good.
- Ghostdigital: Ex-Sugarcube Einar Örn's band. His co-collaborator Bibbi got me into a Sigur Rós show once.
- Egó: Band of Bubbi Morthens, the Icelandic Elvis/Lennon figure.
- Björk Guðmundsdóttir: Yeah, that Björk. She had a couple of medium-sized hits.