miðvikudagur, júlí 26, 2006

sumarfrí

Readers, you may have noticed a slackening recently in the normal pace of Iceland reports. Well, it's summer here in the Land and while most of the place has been shut up tight as a drum, those of us not on vacation have been left holding the bag for all those off in Spain, Bulgaria, or in summerhouses in the Icelandic countryside.

I have a vacation of my own coming up next week so the slow pace is going to continue. I do appreciate your continued readership. Stay tuned to Iceland Report on your RSS channel and keep the IR in your hearts and minds. Think of it as getting a little personal taste of the Iceland summer slowdown!

6 Comments:

Blogger The Dog of Freetown said...

Icelandic countryside. What a fantastic thing.

26.7.06  
Blogger JB said...

I am looking at some of it right now, across Faxaflói (the bay north of Reykjavík). The farms at the base of Akrafjall are lit up brilliant green and the sky is a mess of jagged clouds lit up in bits and snatches by the brilliant 9 p.m. sun.

26.7.06  
Blogger Syngibjörg said...

I read in the Newspaper today about a couple who have visited Iceland about 26 times!!That´s the best compliment I´ve ever heard about our land.
And for you J.(because I read you are a fan:O) I saw SigurRós for the first time yesterday.They arrived here to Ísafjörður yesterday and what a fantastic consert it was.You can find pictures from the consert on bb.is.

27.7.06  
Blogger JB said...

How about me? I've visited the Land at least 26 times (in the last 26 weeks). That's a pretty big compliment, isn't it? I mean, I'm not just a ferðamaður anymore.

Yes, I am a fan. I was really sad to miss the Ólafsvík gig, as I can basically almost see Ólafsvík from my living room, yet when I found out about the show it was already happening and more than two hours' drive away. I am glad you enjoyed it though and I will be there with xylophone bells on for the Sunday show in Mother Reykjavík.

28.7.06  
Blogger Syngibjörg said...

The couple in the newspaper where so old and "sæt" that I had to mention it.

And you moving here to the Land is of course a big compliment for us and you should get the "fálkaorðan" for that.

28.7.06  
Blogger JB said...

Hey thanks, you taught me a new word. Fálkaorða translates to Falcon's Medal and it's a medal given out by the President of Iceland once a year (sez my coworker). Sweet! I'll take it, for contributions to Icelandic blogging and á íslensku tutoring of high school algebra.

The word fálki translates to falcon and the pronunciations are pretty close.

28.7.06  

Skrifa ummæli

<< Home